November Report

If you didn't know, November is NaNoWriMo a month of hectic writing fun in an attempt to reach 50,000 words by the end of the month, and I participated, and "won" (I made the 50K... just barely) :D

I haven't quite reached "the end" yet, so I might keep at it for part of December too, in the hopes of finishing up the prequel I've been working on.

I've also finished and launched The Conjunction in paperback on amazon! So go get it, if you like dead-tree format! :)

In due time (ie the next couple of weeks) I'll eventually get the author copies I ordered, and I plan to sell signed copies through my main website.

Note: if you buy them direct from me, I'll make a slightly larger royalty than if you buy them from amazon. Also if you buy them from amazon, I get a slightly larger royalty than if you buy them from other distributors. Finally, despite the huge difference in price, I don't make any more off paperbacks than I do off ebooks/kindle-unlimited (in fact I think it's slightly less). Such are the vagaries of amazon royalties... :/

This month I also ran a kindle free promo (and a few promos with some other sites) - giving away some copies of my ebook, to see if I could get it into a few more hands... I was blown away by the response, 3000 people downloaded it on day 1 (and a few hundred extra for the next few days) and it hit #63 on the site, and topped my categories for a few days running. This was totally exciting to see - sadly, of course, it dropped back to its usual level after the promo was over, but I'm really excited that it got into the hands of so many potential new readers.

Now, I know that for a lot of them, it will probably sit in Mount TBR potentially forever, but if only 1% of the people that downloaded it read it, that'll be at least 300 new potential fans. To all of you: I really hope you enjoy it, I'm so excited to share it with you. :)

So I got a few more things than *just* NaNoWriMo done this month after all :)

For December:

  1. Finish up the prequel. This'll probably take at least half the month.
  2. Get back to King Tide - probably start with an editing run through the chapters I've already written, then write the exciting finale... which has some new nuance now that I'm more familiar with Hope/Felicity's childhood :)
  3. Polish up a short story I wrote along the way and release it to my newsletter subscribers as special subscriber-only content!
  4. There's some kind of holiday or something this month I hear... :D

Currently reading

This hasn't been a big reading-month with NaNo taking up all my spare time, so I'm still reading Armageddon, 6th book in Travis Bagwell's Awaken Online series.

But an author friend of mine asked me to read their book too, so I've also picked up Vinn Winters' Wavebreak, which is turning out to be a lot of fun. It's a fluffy, tropey fantasy romance with mermaids (including a hot merman love interest) - what's not to love? :D

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

August report

March already!