Biggest month evar!!! This month was launch month and The Conjunction finally went live. All my pre-orders went through, and I've seen a few individual others picked up as well as plenty of page-reads in KDP, which tells me that at least some people are pretty happy reading it through. I also got my first pre-order for book 2 (which I suspect may be my dad - thanks dad!) :D Speaking of, my cover artist ( Burning phoenix covers ) put the finishing touches on the cover for book 2, as well as giving me some A+ content that I have yet to upload, which means that my book 2 King Tide went live for pre-order. I've updated my author website (through Nerdly) here: Taryn East Writes to add both my new books, as well as moved a few pages from the blog there, eg my Reading List I officially joined IASFA because now I am officially a SF/F author! I've started getting back into writing (after a couple of months of solid editing only) and have picked up Tink's backstor...
April was an even slower month. I had a lot of external priorities to work through and writing took a back seat, unfortunately, to my IT job, parenting, and coping with basic mental health. So I only wrote around ten pages total for King Tide for the month, most of which was written in the first fortnight. I did get some dictation and writeup for King Tide, and I have begun plotting out the final quarter of the book. But it's a bit of a rough sketch still. I know where I want the story to end up, but not really sure of the steps to get there, and that tends to hinder my writing, even though I'm definitely a pantser. As for the first book: The Conjunction . Editing is still on pause pending spoons to pick it up. Thankfully I don't have anyone really waiting on it - nobody is going to get cross at me for not publishing yet, apart from myself. Meanwhile I'm still reading: Book 6 of A practical guide to evil. Though I'm finally approaching the end. There's o...
May is typically when SAD starts setting in. So I spent the month concentrating on work and parenting to conserve valuable spoons... but as it turned out I was retrenched in the first few days of June. So, looks like I have way more time to spend on writing this month. I'm working first up on the minutiae of getting The Conjunction ready for publishing first, then will get back to King Tide . I need ISBNs, I need to get a proof-read done, etc etc. So that's my priority for this month. In the meantime, I'm now reading my way through "The Twice-Scorned Lady of Shadow" (book 3 of the Guild Codex Unveiled series ) by one of my favourite authors: Annette-Marie .
Comments
Post a Comment