September Report

Biggest month evar!!!

This month was launch month and The Conjunction finally went live. All my pre-orders went through, and I've seen a few individual others picked up as well as plenty of page-reads in KDP, which tells me that at least some people are pretty happy reading it through. I also got my first pre-order for book 2 (which I suspect may be my dad - thanks dad!) :D

Speaking of, my cover artist (Burning phoenix covers) put the finishing touches on the cover for book 2, as well as giving me some A+ content that I have yet to upload, which means that my book 2 King Tide went live for pre-order.

I've updated my author website (through Nerdly) here: Taryn East Writes to add both my new books, as well as moved a few pages from the blog there, eg my Reading List

I officially joined IASFA because now I am officially a SF/F author!

I've started getting back into writing (after a couple of months of solid editing only) and have picked up Tink's backstory as something to practice on before working on the last part of King Tide. I don't know if I'll publish it, but it's a good way of getting back into practice on something that isn't critical to the storyline, and it's kind of fun to play around with.

I also have been planning out a story-arc for a short prequel novella covering the story of why Hope has "trust issues" as a project to do over NaNoWriMo month. Mainly because my preferred word-count per month is 20K, and while I *can* do 50K per month, I often can't do it and extrapolate a novel plot at the same time... so I'd prefer to do it on something a little less important. Plus I aim to make the novella around 50K so it works out more perfectly. When I'm done with it, I'll make it available to people that subscribe to my newsletter

Finally, my post-launch celebration was to head to the beach with kidlet. So we had a nice weekend of walking the sand dunes. :)

For October:

  1. I'll write Tink's backstory - which I estimnate will be 5-10K long and get me back in the habit of daily writing.
  2. I'll re-read back through what I've written of King Tide
  3. I'll start working through dictating the chapters that are still hand-written (this really helps me get a sense of where I'm up to as well as being my first early edit-stage)
  4. Work on another "5 day amazon ad challenge" - which will skill me up in amazon ads and make sure that people reading similar books to mine will have a chance to find my book.
  5. Still need to find a decent photographer to do an authorial head-shot, though I've found couple of ones that are reasonable (if a little older)
  6. Finish outlining the last third of King Tide so I can begin writing that section.
  7. More planning of the full series arc (building on my notes), so I start to get an idea of the shape of book 3 (I like to have that in mind while I'm writing Book 2 so I can start to plant seeds of the next story as I go).

Currently reading

In the meantime, I've mainly been reading a lot of Tashi to kidlet :D

I'm currently reading: Midlife Magic Hunter Book 7 of the forty-proof series.

I'm also looking forward to reading The Unbreakable Bladesong Druid next, as it's just dropped, and I always love Annette Marie's books <3

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

March already!

November Report

August report